Friday, March 6, 2009

Looking Up

They say that people in New York look down when they walk. I do. I rarely remember to look straight ahead of me let alone looking up. I am much more familiar with the cracks, the dirt and the puddles on the streets than with the store signs or color of cars. I also accredit my obsession with shoes to my ever expanding observation of shoes instead of observing the faces who wear those shoes. This morning I tried to look up. I looked up at home. I looked up on my way to the subway and in the subway. But I had already forgotten to look up on my way from the subway to the office when I remembered to look up again. Below is what I saw when I looked up.



The Bathroom and the Kitchen

The Foyer and The Door

Chamber Street Station and Reade Street Fire Stairs

The 1 Train and The Skyline

The Ceiling at Work and the Bathroom at Home


The Bathroom Wall and the Sky


Me and The Kitchen Cabinets

The Kitchen Window and The Foyer
All photographs in this post are protected and cannot be published, distributed or printed without the photographer's consent.
.
.
.
Looking Up
.
.
.